1/19/2012

Robert Mapplethorpe


Today I'll write about one of my favourit photographers: Robert Mapplethorpe. I discovered him while reading Patti Smith's "Just Kids", I really liked his character in the book and Patti Smith describes him as a wonderful artist and person, therefore I made some research and started loving his work!
His works are very simple, elegant and, in a strange way, innocent. I think it's hard making nude photographs elegant, but he did it! I love his work, it's amazing!! His life and his personality are so interesting, I think I would ruin that if I just wrote facts about his life; there is a complexity that you can understand only if you read "Just kids" (please do, it's one the best books i've ever read, I really, really recommend it).
Here are some of his photos:







Hope you enjoyed,

Love,
Chiara

No comments:

Post a Comment